Are you moving to Ireland? Moovmii can help you to find the right international removal company for you. Just fill in our form and receive up to 5 quotes for free. It only takes 1 minute. Save time & money!
Moving to Ireland
Basic information Ireland
If you are moving to Ireland, it might be useful to know the basic information about the country, which can be found below:
- Official name: the Republic of Ireland
- Population: 6,378,000 as of 2011
- Capital City: Dublin
- Main language: English, Irish
- Major religion: Roman Catholicism
- Monetary unit: Euro (EUR)
- International dialing code: +353
Are you moving to Ireland? Start by checking out the information below, and filling in the form in order to receive the best removal quotes.
The education system in Ireland consists of primary, secondary and higher education. Education is compulsory in Ireland from the age of 6 years till 16 years, or until students have completed 3 years of second-level schooling. To put this into a better overview, you can see on the list below:
- Primary education (starts at the age of 4-5 to 12 years)
- Secondary education
- Junior cycle ( starts at the age 12)
- Senior cycle (starts at the age 15 to 18 years)
- Higher education
The unemployment rate in Ireland was 10% in January 2015, and has been decreasing since 2014. If you are moving to Ireland you must understand the culture. You might need a work permit if you are moving to Ireland and want to work there, however this depends on from which country you come from of course. If you come from one of the EU/EEA countries or Switzerland, you do not need a work permit. There are different types of work permits:
- General employment permit
- Critical skills employment permit
- Dependent/partner/ Spouse employment permit
- Reactivation employment permit
- Other work permits
If you are moving to Ireland and want more information about work permits, click on the link below:
The biggest banks in Ireland are AIB, Bank of Ireland, Ulster Bank and Permanent TSB. To open a bank account in Ireland is quite easy for an expat. The following documents are needed if you want to open a bank account in Ireland:
- Proof of identity
- Proof of residence
- PPS number (Personal Public Service number)
A PPS number can be used in many ways in Ireland:
- All Social Welfare Services
- Free Travel Pass
- Pupil ID
- Public Health – including Medical Card and Drug Payment Schemes
- Child Immunization
- Revenue Schemes – including Taxation and Mortgage Interest Relief
- Housing Grants
- Driver Theory Testing and Driver Licenses
- Civil Registration Service – All Birth, Death, Marriage & Civil Partnership transactions
For more information about PPS number, click on the link below:
If you are from one of the EEA countries, you will not need a visa to enter Ireland. Depending on where you come from and your reason to travel to Ireland, you need to apply for a visa. The following documents are needed for a tourist visa:
If you will be visiting Ireland for a short period (less than 3 months) and you require a visa, you must present the following documents with your completed and signed visa application form:
- Full details of the reason for your visit
- If you plan to stay in a hotel, you will need written confirmation of the hotel booking containing the dates of your proposed stay.
- A letter from a reference in Ireland inviting you to come to Ireland
- Details of your relationship to your reference, or how you are known to each other, along with supporting evidence of this.
- If your reference is not an Irish citizen, evidence of their permission to remain in Ireland
- Evidence of how you intend to finance your trip and support yourself for the duration of your visit
- Evidence that you are obliged to return to your country of residence
For more information about visas, click on the link below: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_to_ireland/visas_for_tourists_visiting_ireland.html
Cost of living
The cost of living in Ireland is compared to the other countries in the EU on average. However living in the Dublin, might be a little bit more expensive than in rural areas. The expenses for accommodation and utility costs have dropped in Ireland. The expenses for groceries depend on which supermarket you go to. Some supermarkets are more expensive than other ones. Moreover, it depends on your living style.
The health care system of Ireland exists of the private sector and public sector. All residents of Ireland are entitled to have public health care insurance. However many residents and expats choose also to have a private health insurance. If you move to Ireland because of your work, then keep in mind that it is possible that your employer will arrange a private health insurance for you.
The medical care of Ireland is of high quality, however the waiting times to be treated has been increased compared to the previous years.
It is possible to get a driving license as an expat in Ireland. The examination consists of the following: theoretical examination and a practical examination. It is compulsory to be 17 years or older if you want to obtain a license for a car.
If you are moving to Ireland and want more information about driving licenses, click on the link below:
The tax system in Ireland might be tricky, just like any other country in the world. Therefore it is advisable to hire an expat tax planner. However just like any other country in the world, the more money you earn the more tax you will need to pay.
Instead of spending time searching for movers, Moovmii will send your request directly to the international removal companies. You will just have to wait, and get contacted by them, either by phone or by email. And by doing that you can save money, since international removal companies will compete for your move! You will be able to choose the right mover for you, depending on its services, and its price. Is this not enough to convince you to use Moovmii and its network of international removal companies when moving to Ireland? Here are some other reasons that will surely convince you:
- Our service is free!
- You get up to 5 quotes, giving you the possibility to choose;
- International moving companies have years of experience, and have done furniture transports just like yours innumerable times;
- Movers can disassemble and assemble your furniture, pack your belongings, and do all the heavy lifting;
- Moving companies are specialized in transporting furniture and hefty items around, so they can guarantee you the best protection for your things, whether you are opting for a shipping by land, by air, or by sea;
- Other services provided are insurance and help in the handling of documents
With Moovmii your international move to Ireland starts in the right way: You will get up to 5 quotes, and be contacted by the best movers around. All without having to spend time, and money. Thanks to Moovmii and its network of international moving companies you can be assured that your international transport will start, and end, with a smile. Moving to Ireland could not be any easier!